1. Vim doesn't support some keybindings such as Ctrl + /
2. Vim doesn't offer Tab completion for autocompletion + emmet like Sublime or Atom.
Which I think is because the plugins conflict with each other. Therefor I was interested to find if Vim competitor Emacs offered it. I spend the last day and a half trying to wrestle Emacs but alas Emacs also fails.
Though it was futile in the end I learned something profound about text-editors.
Even though I disliked the theme I used for emacs at first, when I went back to Vim, Vim suddenly looked strange.
![]() |
| Vim --------------- Emacs |
Many have debated about merits of text editors, Vim and emacs being the most heated argument. They claim that some editors are more efficient and powerful.
While I agree that some may be more powerful ( more than Notepad :-) ), I don't think they have a huge impact on efficiency.
The familiarity is the key here. The more familiar you are with a particular editor, more efficient you become.
And in the context of web development I think Atom,Sublime Text, Brackets have the same practical capabilities as Vim or Emacs. In other situations they may have a slight or huge advantages but not in Web development.
PS: I was a utter failure at figuring out emacs. It was more harder than Vim configuration. I was surprised as I thought emacs would be easier.
And yes emacs have better keybinding support than Vim.

No comments:
Post a Comment